When I was planning and laying out all the projects that I was going to be doing and building, I was unsure of which ones to do first.
I was stuck between the Jay Bates miter station and the Paulk Workbench.
I finally decided on the latter simply because I needed a proper assembly table to assemble and put things together on ;-)
This video is the first of the Paulk Hybrid Workbench series. [more on why I call it the Paulk Hybrid later]
I’m not going to spend to much time on “how to” or specific measurements. This first build is more of what I’m currently building.
I’m remodeling my entire garage which I talk more about in my shop tour. When I’m done, that’s when the real fun begins!
This design is a modified Paulk workbench and it’s combination of many different ideas and inspirations I got from doing a lot of research, watching a ton of videos, hours on pinterest, and just trying to figure out exactly what I wanted in my Paulk bench to fit my needs.
I purchased the plans from Ron Paulk to get the initial idea of the top part of the bench. For the bottom I wanted something totally different. I wanted drawers, storage, etc.
Tools, Hardware and Material:
Wood: I used Yellow Pine 2×4’s for the frame and 3/4 Birch Ply from Purebond for the entire build. It’s formaldehyde-free, made in the US and it’s available exclusively through The Home Depot in the US and Canada. Pure bond supported this channel by providing us with the wood for this build. They’re awesome and I appreciate them a ton! Thank you. Tools
Tools: Rockler supported this channel by providing us with several tools for this build. Tools mentioned below are just a few.
- Rockler Clamp-it Assembly Square
- Rockler Clamp-it Corner Clamping Jig
- Ridged Mobile Miter Saw Stand
- Dewalt 12-Inch Sliding Compound Miter Saw – DEWALT DWS780 [Link to new model. Mine is an older model]
- Dewalt 10-Inch Jobsite Table Saw – DWE7491RS
- Dewalt 18v hammer and compact drill [Link to new model. Mine is an older model. The new one is a 20v]
- Dewalt Jigsaw [Link to new model. Mine is an older model]
- Kreg K5 Pocket Hole Jig
- Porter Cable 1-3/4 HP Router 690LR
- Porter Cable 324MAG 15 Amp 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw [Link to new model. Mine is and older model]
- 3 inch Polyurethane Swivel Caster with Brake
Other tools: The rest of the tools are just your basics like your tape measures, rulers, squares, etc.
That’s it for this week:
Hope you enjoyed this weeks video. More to come so make sure to subscribe below to be notified on the next episode.
Also follow me on my social media sites for exclusive behind the scenes footages of both pictures and video.
Full Paulk Hybrid Series: